Monday, January 9, 2012

My Personal Learning Plan

I want to be able to achieve the 5 objectives that Dr. Burton expressed in the course Syllabus.

1.       Gain Shakespeare Literacy

2.       Analyze Shakespeare Critically
       
3.       Engage Shakespeare Creatively

4.       Share Shakespeare Meaningfully This includes engaging in the following:

5.       Gain Digital Literacy

If I can achieve each of these objectives this will really be an effective class for me. I believe that all of these objectives are possible. To accomplish them I will strive to work on and complete the following items:

Blogging
·         Manage a blog where I will post my thoughts and interact with others online. I will be consistently posting new material 2-3 times a week.
·         Link my Shakespeare Literacy to the present day, by finding one present day example a month.
·         Start reading blogs of classmates to see style and learn how I am supposed to write.
Studying
·         Read 5 entire Shakespeare Plays, and become familiar with another 5 plays
·         Choose one piece of Shakespeare to deeply study, and analyze. Review others commentary and analysis and listen to it being read.
Involvement
·         Be active in attending 2 live Shakespeare plays.
·         Memorize one of Shakespeare’s Sonnets
·         Work in a team to identify and complete a creative project that helps others to understand Shakespeare.

Well I better get started, good luck everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love how specific your plan is... I'm a fan of numbers, as long as they reflect legitimate progression :). So, it'll be easy to keep yourself accountable for doing what you want to do! I'm excited to hear the sonnet...that's one of my goals as well!

    ReplyDelete